Soooo, I am going to say that I myself am not much of a DIY type of girl. I have these great intentions to make my own body butters, face creams, bath salts, you name it. I even have gone so far as to purchase all of the ingredients and yet I never get around to it. THANKFULLY, Young living makes all of these wonderful products, and if you are a person like me, then you can skip right over this page and not think another thing of it. You can just purchase your products already DONE. HOWEVER, I feel as though I am not the norm with those of us that use oils. There are so many people that make all of these amazing DIY recipes. Many of which, I have even tried myself. So if you are one of those people that LOVE to Do-It-Yourself, continue on reading. Here are some of my favorites that I have tried.
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic solid cocoa butter (do not use lotion)
- 15 drops of your favorite topical/aromatic essential oil (we love Joy, Orange, and Frankincense essential oils)
- Warm a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, then add coconut oil and cocoa butter. Melt until completely liquefied, about 4–5 minutes.
- Pour into a glass mixing bowl and place in refrigerator for 30–45 minutes to cool and just set but not harden.
- Stir in essential oils.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip until firm peaks form, about 10 minutes.
- Gently transfer to a seal-able jar or container. Store at room temperature to avoid melting or solidifying.
Massage into dry skin!
- 2 ounces water
- ½ tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- 6 drops:
- Frankincense essential oil for normal skin
- Geranium essential oil or Tea Tree essential oil for oily skin
- Myrrh essential oil for dry skin
- Add to a small spray bottle and shake well.
- Hold spray bottle about 12 inches from face and lightly spritz skin 2–3 times.
- Let dry.
- Love your fresh-all-day look!
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop Tea Tree essential oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, for dark hair only
- Combine all ingredients.
- Put in a container of your choice, such as an empty salt shaker or baby powder bottle.
- Sprinkle on roots of hair and massage into scalp.
- Leave for 2–3 minutes to absorb hair’s natural oils.
- Brush through hair.